Las Vegas Massacre Update: Shooter's Girlfriend Probably Won't Be Charged, Police Have Pursued 2,000 Leads

On Friday, the Las Vegas Sheriff’s office issued an update on the Las Vegas carnage last October 1. According to the presser, the girlfriend of shooter Stephen Paddock will likely not be charged, and police have pursued 2,000 leads and perused over 21,000 hours of video.

Investigators browsing computers belonging to Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock found “numerous” child pornography photos, the city’s sheriff revealed Friday, adding that the FBI is looking into a person of interest in the case.

Sheriff Joe Lombardo, in his first press conference since Oct. 13, 2017, released an 81-page preliminary investigative report on the shooting Friday that contains new photographs of Paddock’s hotel suite and online searches he conducted before the attack, such as for SWAT tactics and other potential public venue targets.

Lombardo said the unnamed person of interest the FBI is looking into is not Paddock’s girlfriend, Marilou Danley, and he reiterated that authorities believe Paddock was a lone shooter.

Paddock’s girlfriend, Marilou Danley, had her fingerprints on the ammunition Paddock used in the massacre; her casino players’ card was found in his room. She told investigators she sometimes helped Paddock load the magazines.

Earlier this week, as Fox 5 Las Vegas reported, an attorney for various media outlets triggered the revelation that other suspects beyond Paddock were under investigation. The attorney argued that releasing information relating to the massacre was critical in order for Las Vegas residents to heal from the tragedy, prompting the lawyer for Las Vegas Metro Police to admit other suspects were under investigation.

Text Example

Free speech is under attack. Share this article on Social Media by clicking the share button, do your part to keep independent journalism going.