President Donald Trump’s proposal for across-the-board tax reform was almost straightaway dismissed as hardhearted and half-baked by his political opponents.
But what would some of those opponents think if they were told the same plan was being proposed by someone they adore—Senator Bernie Sanders?
Leftist university students flocked to embrace the idea of President Donald Trump’s tax reform proposal like bears to honey … when they were told that it belonged to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) instead.
Campus Reform visited the campus of Washington, D.C.’s George Washington University and asked students their opinions on Trump’s new tax plan. Needless to say, the students excoriated Trump’s proposal straight out of the gate.
What did univeristy students say when told it was Trump’s tax plan?
- “It’s better for the upper class than anyone else.”
- “Pretty much horrible for the middle class, especially the lower class.”
- “It’s probably not the most efficient nor beneficial to the general populace.”
- “Pretty negative.”
What did they say when told Trump’s plan was Sanders’ plan?
- “I think that’s great.”
- “I think [this] is definitely something we should be doing.”
- “Good job, Bernie.”
- “It’s a good plan, a positive plan that could help everyone.”
- “Definitely better than what Trump is proposing.”
What did liberals say when they were told the truth?
- “I am shocked that I do agree with Trump on certain things.”
- “I’m definitely happily surprised that it sounds a lot better than I would have expected.”
- “I would have imagined that he would be a little more stupid than that.”
Free speech is under attack. Share this article on Social Media by clicking the share button, do your part to keep independent journalism going.