White House Chief of Staff John Kelly is trying to “right the ship,” so to speak (even though President Donald Trump publicly hasn’t changed at all after listening to him speak in Arizona), and a new report today says Kelly is cracking down on what information and news sources makes it to the President’s desk.
According to Politico, Gen. Kelly wants to be “the last word on the material that crosses the president’s desk.” (Related: Multiple Reports: Globalists in White House Against Trump’s Border Wall, Reforms – Actively Fighting)
There have been a few reports about the information Trump receives, and Kelly wants to fix the current system:
In a conference call last week, Kelly initiated a new policymaking process in which just he and one other aide — White House staff secretary Rob Porter, a little-known but highly regarded Rhodes scholar who overlapped with Jared Kushner as an undergraduate at Harvard — will review all documents that cross the Resolute desk.
The new system, laid out in two memos co-authored by Kelly and Porter and distributed to Cabinet members and White House staffers in recent days, is designed to ensure that the president won’t see any external policy documents, internal policy memos, agency reports and even news articles that haven’t been vetted.
Politico describes this as “a reversion to the habits of previous administrations,” and Axios has independently confirmed the report.
In fact, as Axios notes, “Oval Office visitors had no trouble sliding mischievous documents onto the president’s desk”:
Some of these documents were news stories from controversial sources — including one by the internet provocateur Charles Johnson, accusing former deputy chief of staff, Katie Walsh, of leaking.
White House chief of staff General John Kelly has instituted a new system to control the flow of information that means President Trump will not be handed stories from Infowars or other non-mainstream outlets.
“The new system, laid out in two memos co-authored by Kelly and Porter and distributed to Cabinet members and White House staffers in recent days, is designed to ensure that the president won’t see any external policy documents, internal policy memos, agency reports and even news articles that haven’t been vetted,” reports Politico. (Related: Steve Bannon Back to Breitbart – Says He’s ‘Going to War for Trump’ After White House Exit)
According to Axios’ Jonathan Swan, the change means that Trump will no longer be handed Infowars stories.
John Kelly cuts down on Infowars, Charles Johnson stories https://t.co/0tgysPzCwX
— Jonathan Swan (@jonathanvswan) August 24, 2017
This confirms what Jack Posobiec reported weeks ago, when he was told by White House sources that Jana Toner, a member of the Presidential Personnel Office, was threatening White House interns that if they shared content from Infowars on social media, they would be fired. (Related: New photos reveal gorgeous completed White House remodel and renovations)
The news will undoubtedly bolster complaints emanating from Trump’s base that he has been isolated and surrounded by globalists who have no interest in furthering Trump’s “America first” message.
Trump has cited Infowars stories on numerous occasions, both on Twitter and during his public speeches, enraging many in the mainstream media and the left. (Related: Bannon: Days Of Ivanka ‘Crying’ To Daddy ‘Are Over’ Now That John Kelly Is Chief of Staff)
H/T Infowars, Axios and Politico