Eric Bolling SUES THE CRAP out of Huffington Post Reporter Over Sexual Harassment Allegations 2

Eric Bolling is suing reporter Yashar Ali after the Huffington Post published his article claiming the FOX News host sent lewd text messages to multiple female colleagues. Bolling is suing Ali personally for a whopping $50 million. Ali says he stands by his reporting and isn’t intimidated by the suit. 

Fox News host Eric Bolling is reportedly suing the Huffington Post reporter who broke a story last week that included several female co-workers claiming Bolling sent them lewd photos.

“Just received a summons. Eric Bolling is suing me for defamation – $50 million in damages, ” Yashar Ali, a HuffPost contributing writer, tweeted to his 140,000 Twitter followers on Wednesday. “I stand by my reporting + will protect my sources.”

Ali also tweeted the suit targets him directly, not HuffPost.

“The nature of this action is for damages and injunctive relief based on defamation arising from the defendant’s efforts to injure the plaintiff’s reputation through the intentional and/or highly reckless publication of actionable false and misleading statements about the plaintiff’s conduct and character. As a result of the defendant’s actions, the plaintiff has been substantially harmed,” reads the summons sent to Ali.

Bolling was suspended on Saturday by the network as an investigation continues into the claims he sent harassing messages years ago via text message.

“Eric Bolling has been suspended pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway,” a Fox spokesperson said.

Bolling is represented by Michael Bowe.

Bowe works at the same law firm as Marc Kasowitz, who was President Trump’s personal attorney until July.

Bolling, who previously co-hosted “The Five,” until last weekend served as a host of the new Fox News show “The Specialists” and the weekly Saturday program, “Cashin’ In.”

A spokesperson for Fox told The Hill on Saturday that Bolling will be investigated by the Paul Weiss law firm. That’s the same firm that investigated former chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, who was ousted from the network just two days after the firm began investigating. Ailes passed away in May.

A dozen sources told The Huffington Post, which originally reported the story, that at least two of Bolling’s female colleagues at Fox Business and one at Fox News had received unsolicited photos of male genitalia from Bolling.

The messages were reportedly sent years ago, and on several different occasions. The Huffington Post called the images “deeply upsetting and offensive” to the women who spoke to the news outlet about the incidents.

Bolling tweeted Monday that he looks forward “to clearing his name” as soon as possible.

“Overwhelmed by all the support I have received. Thank you,” Bolling wrote to his 706,000 followers.

“I will continue to fight against these false smear attacks!” he added on Wednesday.

The allegations against Bolling follow a tumultuous year for Fox News.

Top-rated host Bill O’Reilly was forced out of the network after The New York Times reported that he paid $13 million to settle with five different women who accused him of sexual harassment.

 

Washington Free Beacon reports:

The firm, Paul, Weiss, has long been tied to the Clinton family, with its employees donating hundreds of thousands to its political campaigns and later cashing in on political appointments in the government.

The Nov. 19 fundraiser, which is being billed as a “conversation with Hillary,” is currently being promoted on the Democratic presidential candidate’s website and costs attendees $2,700 per ticket.

The event is being held as the issue of Guantanamo prison returns to the political spotlight following renewed calls by the Obama administration to shutter the prison and transfer the remaining prisoners to the United States.

Paul, Weiss lawyers have played key roles in facilitating the release of inmates accused of committing acts of terrorism.

Paul Weiss donated $271, 970 to Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign!

The law firm employs former DHS Head under Obama, Jeh Johnson.

New York Times wrote:

Jeh C. Johnson, who has stepped down as secretary of Homeland Security, is rejoining the New York law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, where he formerly worked. He will be a partner in the firm’s litigation department.

Mr. Johnson, 59, has worked intermittently at Paul, Weiss, returning four times after stints in public service, including three presidential appointments that required Senate confirmation. He led the Department of Homeland Security for three years, overseeing counterterrorism, cybersecurity, border security and immigration law administration and enforcement. The New York Times reported in 2015 that he gave legal approval for American forces to enter Pakistan to kill Osama bin Laden.

Mr. Johnson served from 2009 to 2012 as general counsel of the Defense Department, where he was a primary legal architect of the military’s counterterrorism efforts under the Obama administration. In 2010, he was an author of a Defense Department report that paved the way for the repeal of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy by Congress.

According to the firm:

A partner in the Paul, Weiss Litigation Department, Jeh Johnson is the former Secretary of Homeland Security. Secretary Johnson advises clients, including management teams and boards of directors, on crisis management, government and internal investigations, high-stakes litigation and regulatory matters, and legal aspects of cybersecurity and other security matters. His legal career has encompassed both private law practice and public service, including three Senate-confirmed presidential appointments. He is resident in both the New York and Washington, D.C. offices.