TRUMP TOWER BLAZE Officials say ‘suspicious’ fire at Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York was caused by faulty machinery in a room

A FIRE caused by malfunctioning machinery broke out at Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York in the early hours of Friday.

Authorities had initially said the blaze, which broke out shortly after 4.30am local time, was “suspicious”, according to initial reports.

Firefighters can be seen outside the luxury hotel in the early hours of this morning
Firefighters can be seen outside the luxury hotel in the early hours of this morning
Firefighters can be seen outside the luxury hotel in the early hours of this morning

Cops now say said the cause is believed to have been a piece of machinery malfunctioning
The upper floors of the building are now being vented

But cops now say said the cause is believed to have been a piece of machinery malfunctioning, according to the Daily Mail.

The blaze began on the 47th floor of the busy hotel on Central Park in New York City, ABC7 reported.

Officials say the fire was put out at around 5.20am.

One witness Harold Mindel said on Facebook: “Waking up at 4.40am with the sounds of many fire trucks heading to Trump International Hotel and Condo at Columbus Circle and Central Park West.”